Sunday, January 17, 2010

people & the travel lifestyle

Sure we have seen some great things but the best part of traveling is the people. We have been talking a lot to other travelers. Rob, of course, spends a lot of time talking to guys and is currently talking to a group of men from all over. I needed a break and saw an older woman from our hotel sitting alone at Eva's the bar and information hub of the town. I walked over to her table and asked if she minded some company because I needed some female conversation. I really picked the right table because she has been all over the 3rd world. We talked about Africa and Asia. She told me about her experience hitchhiking the other day here in Belize. I'm so inspired. Its great to be surrounded by people who not only share my desire to see the world but who have figured out how to do it. I want to enjoy this trip and really treat it like a vacation but in the back of my mind, I'm constantly trying to figure out how to turn this into a lifestyle. I havent been lucky enough to start a company that will send me checks every month like the Brit that we met yesterday and I dont think that I am that ambitious anyway but I know there is an answer. Its only been a little over a week and I guess there is the possibility that after 6 months we will want to just settle down but I have a feeling that this is just the beginning of many adventures.

1 comments:

txdoc said...

Love you guys.
Irwin